MAGGIE’S COUGH REMEDY
Recently my husband complained about a sore throat and a cough, and it was a coincidence that I found this recipe for homemade cough medicine on Pinterest by Nancy.
My husband is very conscious about natural ingredients in food, so I thought that I would test this little recipe. It was easy for me to make since I already had all the ingredients needed.
My husband was of course over his symptoms before I got to test it on him. As luck would have it, a few days later I woke up in the middle of the night with a cough, so I took a spoonful of my pre-made remedy and I went to bed again cough-free.
- ¼ teaspoon ground Cayenne Pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground Ginger
- 1 Tablespoon Cider Vinegar (an organic one, like Bragg’s, is preferred.)
- 2 Tablespoons Water
- 1 Tablespoon Honey (use a locally produced raw honey, if possible.)
- Dissolve cayenne and ginger in cider vinegar and water.
- Add honey and shake well.
- Take 1 Tablespoon as needed for cough.
Note: this doesn’t dissolve perfectly. Always shake well before using.
If you make this in small batches as the recipe is written, there is no need to refrigerate.
If you prefer, you may refrigerate this. It keeps as long as you need it.